Music Banter - View Single Post - Most infuriating music fans: Boobs edition
View Single Post
Old 06-07-2009, 05:55 PM   #74 (permalink)
boo boo
Dr. Prunk

Hardcore kids/Sraight edgers

Straight edge, what a beast. I can't think of any genre where music plays less of a role. Or any genre that actually REQUIRES it's fanbase to consist of stuck up douchebags. Punk fans, conservatives, liberals and anarchists are annoying as it is. These guys basically thought it would be a great idea to combine the worst aspects of all of them. "Hey guys, let's be smug vegetarians AND racists."

And it's really to think of any other kind of fan that takes their music culture (and in this case the really awful crap that passes for hardcore these days) so goddamn seriously to the point of violence. Tool fans may give me long boring speechs about the last Richard Dawkins book they read, but goddammit they're not gonna kill me over it. And I've been around some of these kids, just very unpleasant people.

A straight edgers idea of a live show is just goddamn horrendous. I mean I've been to a show with the retarded hardcore dancing and the music amped up to the point I couldn't even f*cking hear myself think.

And you know what the ONLY valid reason for enduring that stuff is? The free booze and the possibility of getting laid.

Straight edgers decided "screw that, let's ban all the fun stuff and just stick to the awful music and dancing like retards."

They and their "real" emo/screamo brethern are also incredibly hostile about their taste in music. And no one should be so proud for listening to such godawful music. They stick to their crappy local bands until more than 5 people have heard of them, call them sell outs and move on to find something even worse.

And while I like Fugazi, for being the father of this movement, Ian MacKaye deserves to be punished by execution.

How to spot one: Shaved head, tattoos, Minor Threat t shirts, cloth patches with retarded slogans like "True til death" and "Poison free", skateboards for when they're going for that extra pinch of douchebag.

Where to spot one in the wild: Your local skate park, stupid protests, crappy little clubs, look for concert posters with key words like "wasted", "youth", "control", "government" and "future".

Debate tactics: They'll f*cking kill you.

Things they tend to say:

"You're just a bunch of brainwashed cogs in the corporate wheel of death and terror. Keep eating McDonalds while kids in Iraq are dying for your false freedoms, f*cking idiots."

"Straight edge is not about violence, it's about brotherhood and keeping.... HEY YOU F*CKING SPIC WITH THE LONG HAIR, GOT ANY WELFARE CHECKS LATELY. KICK HIS F*CKING FACE IN."

"Drugs are for losers, dude, they'll like, ruin your life and stuff, we try to stay positive about life, y'know?"

http://www.last.fm/user/kingboobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strummer521
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowquill View Post
I only listen to Santana when I feel like being annoyed.
I only listen to you talk when I want to hear Emo performed acapella.
boo boo is offline   Reply With Quote