Music Banter - View Single Post - Last FM
Thread: Last FM
View Single Post
Old 06-08-2009, 09:13 AM   #3031 (permalink)
jackhammer
Ba and Be.

1.Guano Apes 24
Generic female/Male fronted metal with a hint of electronics and metal core from Germany. Easy listening.

2.Mr. Bungle 20
California is such a damn good album that i had to play it twice.

3.Slowdive 15
Brilliant shoegaze band with a higher quality of production that's not usually attributed to shoegaze.

4.The Neville Brothers 15
Classic New Orleans influenced Soul from the legendary brothers.

5.Frank Zappa 15
1966's Freakout! got a run out for the first time in a while.

6.Jacob Miller & Inner Circle 15
Classic Roots Reggae revisited for an upcoming MB project.

7.Pop Will Eat Itself 15
Clint Mansell's (The Fountaion OST) first band. Grebo rock they called it. Utilising lots of loops and samples to scuzzy guitar riffs.

8 Sepultura 14
Their second album the breakthrough 'Schizophrenia' is criminally overlooked in the Thrash fraternity. Great raw production.

9 Mudvayne 13
Progressive metalcore is it? Not quite sure. Twas OK but needs another listen.

10.New York Ska-Jazz Ensemble 13
Exactly what is says on the tin. Groovy Ska with a boppy jazzy backbone. Great fun.

11 Otis Redding 12
1966's Dictionary Of Soul is a brilliant Soul album and the guy had a great voice.

11 Hawkwind 12
Perennial favourites of mine. Warrior At The Edge Of Time was the album of choice.

12.John Martyn 12
I don't even have his second album but got a listen through Spotify. Already changing his sound aged 20.

13.R.E.M. 11
Finally managed to get 'Document' which was the last album before they hit big with 'Green'. Document is a great album and deserves more admirers.

14 Edie Brickell and New Bohemians 11
The bands debut album will always be on of my favourite albums. Sweet guitar pop.

15. Autolux 11
A shoegaze/rock crossover that came out a couple of years ago. Ridiculously good.

16. Jethro Tull 10
The album 'A' got a run out. Fylingdale Flyer is such a great tune. I have a soft spot for the Tull.

17 Senser 10
One of the infamous 'bed-sit' bands that were around in the 80's and 90's. Senser peddle a ferocious metal/Rap sound that RATM aside was years ahead of everyone else.

18. Junius 10
Solid harmonic metal without the cliches.

19. Moodorama 10
Nu-Jazz chillout. Nice.

“A cynic by experience, a romantic by inclination and now a hero by necessity.”
jackhammer is offline   Reply With Quote