Music Banter - View Single Post - The Quiet Man in the Corner
View Single Post
Old 06-08-2009, 01:12 PM   #7 (permalink)
CanwllCorfe
Quiet Man in the Corner

Hard Trance/Hardstyle (Classic):

A.S.Y.S. - Cheers
Label : Tracid Traxxx
Release : February 8th, 2007
Versions : Original, DJ Zany Remix, Kamui Remix

Original : What a tune! A.S.Y.S. comes with another hard hitting acid/tech trance song that was a "good bye" to the label Tracid Traxxx. It's in his usual style.. although nowadays he's drastically changed his sound to progressive techno along with Patrick Scheidt (a.k.a. Patrick Plaice - half of Kamui). Although that's under his name Frank Ellrich.. but I digress. This song is dark and acidic as anything he's ever made. With an artist name of Acid Save Your Soul I guess that's something to be expected. Regardless, Frank is one hell of a producer who never fails to make something so twisted yet melodic and accessible. 8+/10

DJ Zany Remix : THIS is what hardstyle sounds like. It's another reason why I think hardstyle was at it's best in 2005-2007. It doesn't sound anything like the original but then again they're 2 different genres. The bass is so immense and punchy and powerful.. it's both euphoric and sad. Long story short, hardstyle sounds nothing like this anymore.. I won't go into detail. It's complete with short and curt melodies that fit so well with Zany's speaker breaking kicks. The break introduces a melody that's dark and simple with a hint of acid for good measure. He then adds even more power to the kick which is just such a beautiful thing. If only music like this was still being created. 9/10

Kamui Remix : I enjoyed this version so much it was until a year after I heard it that I bothered listening to the other 2 versions. The buildup just has so many melodies and hooks that you find yourself getting lost in. The break has one of the coolest entrances into the B melody that I've ever heard. Just building and building and gives way to this techy and catchy riff that works so well. Unfortunately.. like Zany.. Kamui have drastically changed their sound. They went from making tech trance and hard trance to having a guest mix on Tiesto's Clublife. I guess everything good must come to an end. 9/10

Last edited by CanwllCorfe; 07-21-2009 at 11:47 PM.
CanwllCorfe is offline   Reply With Quote