Music Banter - View Single Post - Are You In A Band
View Single Post
Old 06-09-2009, 12:50 AM   #59 (permalink)
mr dave
nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by PerFeCTioNThrUSileNCe View Post
Because that's the case with any thread in which people get to talk about themselves.
and now it's my turn

i've technically been in 3 'bands'.

the first one was just myself and a few other students who would jam on a regular basis. we played a few talent shows in college. we also had access to a lecture theatre and it's storage room at our school. every now and then we'd haul our stuff out to the main stage and just let it out depending on who was working security that night hehe. there was one guard, Harold, he kicked ass he'd always come in and take his break near the back of the room haha. even sat in on the drums one night hahaha

here's the pinnacle of our efforts (i'm on guitar) - snargle bargle - you do not know the rules

the 2nd band was called 'panda go panda' apparently named after an anime featuring a panda who liked to puff. this was a 3-4 piece combo with different buddies from college post graduation. we played together once a week from 2001-2003. we played 4 shows before 2 of us moved away. technically the 2nd one at a bar was opening for then relatively unknown alexisonfire. it was a sunday night, they weren't on the bill but happened to be in town on the way back to montreal. we didn't actually have a set rehearsed that night and the only people there were our buddies

the last band never had a name. at the core it was myself and the drummer from PgP along with the bass player from SB. after moving away in 2003 and coming back in 2005 it was awesome to play music with these guys again. it never felt like we had been apart. then our jam room flooded in the spring of 2008 and that was the end of that.

and now i wait for a new rehearsal spot to open up in town. almost happened in the spring but now it's not until the fall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandteacher1 View Post
I type whicked fast,
mr dave is offline   Reply With Quote