Music Banter - View Single Post - Are You In A Band
View Single Post
Old 06-09-2009, 05:30 PM   #61 (permalink)
mr dave
nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash_override View Post
I always wondered what kind of band you were in Dave. I guess I know now. That's cool you opened for alexisonfire, you're so modest about stuff like that.

I played bass in three bands before I joined the military.

1st being A Safe Crisis. A post-hardcore/punk band in high school, we started off playing Thursday covers and went on to write some other originals. Never released a demo, played alot of small shows but nothing to speak of.

2nd Band I was in was when I was about 19-20. 2 dudes from ASC and a couple new guys, we were called The Greenfield Spy. We played all originals and this is were I first experienced recording. Nothing too serious, we just did a couple songs to put online. We played alot of shows over the course of about 1 1/2 and then had to break up.

3rd Band was a progreeive metal/ metal-core band called MurderInMind (I know I never liked that name either). This was bby far the bet band I was in, we played alot of huge shows, some small festivals, and even did a demo session. We opened for Gwen Stacy, Kingston Falls, and The Analyst among others. This is were I began to see what being in a travelling band could actually be like. Unfortunately, it didn't work out and I was forced to move on to something a little more responsible now. I can't wait to play again though. Hopefully I can get a band together out here sometime soon.
thanks man, sounds like you had some pretty decent experiences as well.

for myself though i have a hard time considering myself to be in a 'band', which is why i always list it in quotes. i have all sorts of issues with music and celebrity stemming from my old man and my upbringing resulting in a major disdain towards the musical status quo.

unlike the majority of other people who claim they don't care about making it (but wouldn't mind if they did.) i REALLY don't care about being successful with a band so i don't see any point in adhering to typical methods like... writing songs, or rehearsing sets. which makes it hard to find people to play with on a long term.

odds are my next 'band' will be a 2 piece. although i'm half debating trying my hand at a full on solo thing. really depends on whether or not i can secure a jam room in the near future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandteacher1 View Post
I type whicked fast,
mr dave is offline   Reply With Quote