Music Banter - View Single Post - Gift From Me To You Series
View Single Post
Old 06-09-2009, 06:54 PM   #2 (permalink)
LoathsomePete
Cardboard Box Realtor

I Apologize for the double post, but I could not post another photo in my first post.

Week 5

Artist: The Smalls
Album: "My Dear Little Angle"
Year: 1999

The Smalls are a band I'm particularly fond of. They are a punk rock band with elements of jazz and hard rock boarding on metal. Extremely talented musicians who met up at College in Edmonton Alberta. "My Dear Little Angle" has been one of my favorite driving albums for quite some time now, and has gotten me through horrible sections of Nevada where there's absolutely no life. If you're a fan of bass driven rock, then you'll really like these guys as their bassist Corb Lund is pretty talented. It's hard to say what song is my favorite off this album, the first four are all equally good. The 4th track "My Saddle Horse Has Died" is a really fun and fast song, but the opening track "My Dear Little Angle" has everything I could really want to get sucked into an album. I really hope the people who've downloaded it so far have enjoyed it. Sadly though, The Smalls played their last show back in 2001, and while the fact that "My Saddle Horse Has Died" appeared on Corb Lund's 2007 country album "Horse Solider! Horse Solider!", the chances of a reunion are still small
LoathsomePete is offline   Reply With Quote