Music Banter - View Single Post - The coryallen debate 2
View Single Post
Old 06-09-2009, 07:06 PM   #27 (permalink)
The Unfan
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by toretorden View Post
Alright, I can try and share some of my criticism, Cory. One thing I don't like with you is that you tend to treat the forum like it's a chatroom. It seems that if you have 10 things to say, you'd rather leave it in 10 different posts than try and summarize everything in one. Posts like "OK I hear ya" and other quick replies directed at one person is something which is alright if you're chatting on MSN, but on forums - for everyone but the person the post is aimed at, it only becomes forum waste that they mentally have to filter out.

If all you wanna say is "okay" or "no" or something else which is brief and doesn't concern anyone much, you should try not to use a post to do it. If you do write a post, add something more to it - like some reasoning why it's okay or why it's not.

These little chit-chats usually veer off-topic and involves noone in the thread other than the person you're writing it specifically to. The point is not that you can't reply to one person (like I'm doing here), it's just when you do - include some more words and some more meaning so that other people have a chance to get involved if they want.
No.