Music Banter - View Single Post - Are You In A Band
View Single Post
Old 06-09-2009, 07:14 PM   #64 (permalink)
crash_override
Seemingly Silenced

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr dave View Post
2 piece would likely be a guitar tuned down to C and drums. i find that 2 steps below standard provides a nice sonic background to fill out most of the auditory gaps within the whole of the music being played. a bass line adds a nice melodic component but it doesn't sound like something is necessarily missing.

as for jam rooms they're pretty scarce in my town. there's one popular spot but... security is based on the honor principle, the walls are just pieces of plywood tacked to 2x4s climate control is non-existent, nothing is up to code, we had an exposed live wire hidden behind a chunk of plywood in one of our walls.

but the price - $150/month was awesome.... until the ceiling in our room started leaking in JANUARY and didn't get addressed until JUNE.

you have any prospects on the horizon?
That does not sound like the optimal practice facility. Price isn't too bad though.

I would love to get something going. But unfortunately I don't have my rig here in CA, it's back home at my parents house in Indiana. So I might pust buy a 2x10 combo amp or something just to jam. I really haven't met any musicians out here either. It's hard when you don't know anyone. But it's ok I just love to play.
crash_override is offline   Reply With Quote