Music Banter - View Single Post - Hello from VEGANGELICA
View Single Post
Old 06-10-2009, 10:52 AM   #18 (permalink)
Music Addict

I've enjoyed your discussion very much, Toretorden and Vegangelica. It has enlightened me to a more personal aspect of the Vegan lifestyle and biology as well.

To answer your question, Erica, I am still a student. I'm currently in the process of transferring from one college to another. I am in my second year at Coastal Carolina University in Conway, SC. My next stop is Evergreen State College in Olympia, WA. My initial goals involved Anatomic Pathology because of a long-time fascination I've had with diseases, the human body and death; however, after two years of education in a mediocre school that hasn't provided me with enough challenges, I had more spare time than ever. I used this time to do a little introspective searching and found a new passion for plants. I consider myself fairly new to all this, so bear with me now. I, then, began looking into Phytopathology, which I feel I still know nothing about. I'm 21 years old, and feel that I've a good amount of time to decide and the best thing to do is place myself in an appropriate environment to pursue my goals.

That said, Tore, I believe you are the only one on MB that holds a degree in biology, aside from Erica now. I did not know this, and am beginning to realize why I was so intimidated and put-off by you. A new respect has begun as I read about your research work and I send my apologies for any negative energy I've sent your way. Mostly, I'm thrilled to have met two very knowledgeable biologists who share a passion for music that I can look up to.
333 is offline   Reply With Quote