Music Banter - View Single Post - Most infuriating music fans: Boobs edition
View Single Post
Old 06-10-2009, 12:47 PM   #137 (permalink)
PinkCigarette
Chase for 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweet_nothing View Post
You know me too well.

About metalheads, two of my best friends are metal heads and they can get very defensive about their genre and I don’t know how many times I've jokingly called Dimebag Darrel "Douchebag Darrel" and in response have gotten things like "fuck you atleast I don’t listen to weird shit like Radiohead" or "atleast I don’t listen to that gay happy shit". But when It comes to the whole variety of genres they’re pretty helpful when I ask questions like “whats the difference between Death Metal and Doom Metal?” but Ive also gotten into many arguments when I’ve called bands like AC/DC or Led Zeppelin Metal “they’re not Metal they’re classic rock.” Also I have a friend who's a metalhead and who firmly believes that Metal is its own genre and not apart of rock. I love this thread so far, though I’m disappointed there weren’t any boobs as the title led me to believe.

haha, yes, I've been in that situation before. Dimebag is like a god to them and if you dare say anything negative about him, you'll never hear the end of it. You'll be every name in the book by the end of the day.