Music Banter - View Single Post - GuitarVsDrums
Thread: GuitarVsDrums
View Single Post
Old 06-10-2009, 01:30 PM   #4 (permalink)
ricky_lectrik
Groupie

I won't get too deep into it, but learning to stay with things in general is just such an important lesson at your age. Later on in life, especially once you graduate, you will appreciate having stuck through.

Also, every second you practice guitar you are getting better. That's the beauty; every second. I am learning guitar as well, so I can testify for you. Also, who said you have to learn nursery rhymes? Progressing from chords is really important and it is where I started.

Let me contribute a bit to your growth:

Look up Weezer - "Island in the Sun". Don't worry about the bridge or tuning a half step down, just focus on the main make up of the song.

The verses and chorus are simple - Em (strum down, down, up), Am (strum down, down, up), D (strum down, down, up), G (strum down, down, up)

Just repeat this. When you play to the music, still use the chords and strumming pattern throughout. You won't be able to tell that they are doing that because of the distortion, but it will also benefit your time-keeping abilities.

Really simple song, really fun to play along to, really cool, really not a nursery rhyme.

I hope this helps you! All the best in believing in yourself!

Last edited by ricky_lectrik; 06-10-2009 at 01:42 PM.
ricky_lectrik is offline   Reply With Quote