Music Banter - View Single Post - Official Porcupine Tree Thread
View Single Post
Old 06-10-2009, 06:41 PM   #72 (permalink)
ElephantSack
Man vs. Wild Turkey

I first heard of Porcupine Tree after I'd discovered that Steven Wilson had produced 3 Opeth albums: Blackwater Park, Damnation, and Deliverance. I picked up Deadwing in 2005 after I went down to the city that my brother had been flown to after he knocked himself into a 4 day coma by falling out of a tree.
So naturally, emotions were running pretty high the first time I listened to it, driving back home with my older sister. It wasn't quite what I was expecting, and it took a second listen for it to start growing on me. But once I had some time to bond with it, I became a big fan.
The next album I heard was their live one, Warszawa. An excellent live album. Those guys clearly take their sound to heart and always want to make sure that the live version sounds just as good as the record, which is something I can appreciate a lot.
I've owned A Stupid Dream, In Absentia, and Voyage 34. But my favorite remains Deadwing. Every song on there is great in my opinion. With the exception of "Lazarus"... way to pussified for my tastes, even for Porcupine Tree.
ElephantSack is offline   Reply With Quote