Music Banter - View Single Post - Does anyone like Breakbeats anymore?
View Single Post
Old 06-10-2009, 07:50 PM   #3 (permalink)
sidewinder
Engorged Member

I was into breaks quite a bit around 2001-2003, there's some great stuff there. What I got into was apparently referred to as nu-skool breaks, which eventually started veering too much into progressive territory for my taste (Hybrid and such). There was this awesome internet radio station based in San Francisco I discovered at that time and the stuff they were playing completely blew my mind. I mean completely...I would listen to it all day every day at the office. I wish I could remember the name, all I remember is it was "something K" or "K something". I vaguely remember two of the DJs being either DJ Felix or Felix the Cat (not Felix da Housecat) and DJ Clockwork or something to that effect.

These days I rarely listen to house, breaks, or drum n bass and listen mostly to IDM-related stuff...when it comes to electronic. But a good breaks mix sounds pretty good right now.

Edit: A bit of googling leads me to Felix the Dog...I think that was him. Originally from the UK apparently.

Last edited by sidewinder; 06-10-2009 at 08:04 PM.
sidewinder is offline   Reply With Quote