Music Banter - View Single Post - Advice on Yamaha Tour Customs?
View Single Post
Old 06-11-2009, 02:57 AM   #4 (permalink)
Freebase Dali
Partying on the inside

Well from the looks of it (and thanks for posting that picture from the main position side) they're not in bad shape.

But here are the things you need to consider:
Those specific drums aren't new. In fact, I don't think they even make Yammie Tour Customs any more.. I could be wrong about that.
But I know they're good drums. Still, You have to take into account the roundness of the shell, the condition of the bearing edge the heads rest on, etc..

By itself, that 5 piece kit without hardware and cymbals, USED, should be no more than 400 dollars. At least, that's what I'd expect.
You add in the hardware, cymbals, and seller's fee, you shouldn't be paying more than 750 for that kit depending on the exact cymbals and their condition.
But that's the catcher right there...
Cymbals do make a difference. Zildgian is a good company, but there's a huge difference between the types of cymbals they make, both price-wise and quality-wise.

You just have to go and try the set out.. but don't be enamored by the sound of them... Play them, but inspect them. Look for imperfections, anything that can get the seller's price down. Don't be content with having a drum-set. Be content with knowing you paid the right price for the drum-set you have.