Music Banter - View Single Post - GuitarVsDrums
Thread: GuitarVsDrums
View Single Post
Old 06-11-2009, 03:40 PM   #10 (permalink)
ElephantSack
Man vs. Wild Turkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by GanjaDrummer View Post
, and he said it might be a good idea to sell my guitar and get a drum kit, cus he knows i practise almost an hour a day, im just wondering, what are your thoughts? should i stick to guitar? or should i go straight for drums, either way im gonna buy my own kit, just whether is hould sell my guitar and get one right away, or save up all summer.
This is just my opinion.

Don't listen to your friend. Its never right to sell a gift instrument. My uncle gave me an Epiphone Les Paul model 4-string baritone bass for a high school graduation present, which I rarely use, but I consider it a sort musician's code that you don't sell an instrument that somebody gave to you in good faith as a gift. It just doesn't seem right to me.

That being said, guitar doesn't have to be your primary instrument, as it seems drums have already taken that helm. But look at it this way: Say you hook up with a bad ass natural guitar player, and you want to start a band, but all he has is old hand-me-down. You will probably very soon regret selling that Razorback your dad got you.

And trust me, I've been playing in a band for almost 12 years. It definitely helps to have a musician that understands more than one instrument.
ElephantSack is offline   Reply With Quote