Music Banter - View Single Post - Best Metal Vocalist right now
View Single Post
Old 06-12-2009, 01:21 AM   #15 (permalink)
Hesher
Palm Muted

Tough question... There are good frontmen, guys with good vocal range, guys with good growls...

Randy Blythe's voice suits Lamb of God very well and he is a pretty solid frontman. He has very little range though in my opinion and isn't "classically skilled".
Liam Cormier from the Cancer Bats is probably one of the best frontmen I have ever seen since Phil Anselmo... Despite being signed and having two albums out they still drive around in a regular van and play small venues that really showcase their stage show well. His range is pretty good too and he is clearly intelligible.
I'm not a real PTH fan but Rody definitely has a huge range and not only that, he's very creative with it. Not the best stage presence imo but that sort of suits the band.
Can't say I really like Brent Hinds' clean vocals off the new album.
Tom Araya's vocals have always been way overrated to me. He sounded amazing on Show No Mercy and it just kept going downhill from there.
I also really love Karl Willets from Bolt Thrower but I'm just ****ing obsessed with BT so I don't really have any justification.
Hesher is offline   Reply With Quote