Music Banter - View Single Post - Are You In A Band
View Single Post
Old 06-12-2009, 02:03 AM   #73 (permalink)
Hesher
Palm Muted

I play drums in a thrash/death metal band called Auroch. I can't post a link yet but the myspace is in my sig. We used to be called Tusk (before discovering the Pelican side project) and used to play almost all Metallica covers... We probably have enough originals for a full album now after maybe two years of playing with our current lineup. We do a lot of local shows and whatnot. Opinions welcomed on the music but I can't guarantee I'll care.

I also used to play in a band that was basically an Alexisonfire ripoff, except with really weak clean vocals replacing the screamo. At the time it seemed like it was going places faster than my metal band, but as time went by I realized that the reason we named our songs after numbers was because they all sounded the same and used recycled chords and scales. I fully admit this band was utterly terrible and I am pretty embarrassed to be associated with them (I have since fallen out in a major way with the guys in it) but the boringness of the riffs inspired me to be somewhat creative with my drum beats and I think it was a good experience, if only to teach me what not to do. If you really, really, really want to listen to it, the band was called Blackout Ablaze and I think there are some clips on youtube.
Hesher is offline   Reply With Quote