Music Banter - View Single Post - Advice on Yamaha Tour Customs?
View Single Post
Old 06-12-2009, 06:39 AM   #7 (permalink)
Sam-Y
Groupie

Alright man, so I went by his house yesterday to check out the kit. He didn't have it set up, it was all piled up in the corner so I didn't get to check it out much. It turns out that for $1000, I can get this tour custom (6-piece set, he's throwing in an extra pearl floor-tom which doesn't match the yellow kit), all the necessary hardware (I don't know why, but he won't tell me exactly what kind or how many pieces of hardware I'm getting, all he said is "Sam put it this way, whatever you need I'll give you), a customized "leather set" (actual leather); however, no cymbals at all. He only has these top of the line zildjians (one ride, 2 crash rides, and a china) he'll sell for $900, or I can buy them separately for $2-300. So a grand for a kit without cymbals kind of turned me off. He says this kit is rear and that Yamaha stopped making the tour custom, I can still buy a new tour custom from this music tour for $2000 brand new (5-Piece with hi-hat stand, crash stand, and boom stand in addition to a 4-Pack Paiste cymbals package). That is twice the price and I'm getting a brand new kit with cymbals...So this is the deal, what do you think Fiction? The seller is telling me I'm not only getting a good deal, I'm getting a steal lol.

Help a brother out man lol

Turns out I could get it online with snare/hi-hat/2 cymbal booms stands for $1300 + shipping.

Last edited by Sam-Y; 06-12-2009 at 06:52 AM.
Sam-Y is offline   Reply With Quote