Music Banter - View Single Post - Hipster Bands You Still Like
View Single Post
Old 06-12-2009, 07:24 AM   #60 (permalink)
music_phantom13
Music Addict

Based on looking at some of PF's lists, I like a lot of hipster music. But I also have to admit, I have yet to open any Pitchfork magazine, and I just went to their website for maybe the third or fourth time. So basically, I really don't give a **** what they say is good. My favorite music magazine would definitely have to be... The Big Takeover! It's a shame it only comes out twice a year. But honestly, I don't really like letting a magazine tell me what to listen to, which is why I come to a place like musicbanter to find new stuff. While it may be quite elitist, there are definitely some people on here that develop their own music unique music taste without the slightest disregard as to what the music media is telling us to listen to. Look at, for example, jackhammer (who I think has the biggest diversity in what he listens to). I'm pretty sure he's not looking at Pitchfork or some **** every time he hears about a new band to see if they give it a 9 or better or something like that. Not that I have anything against people that do that, I just think your dumbasses. And you make me very angry. But, to each his own; I guess if you want someone else to tell you what's good so you don't have to think that's fine.

Oh, and I guess some hipster bands I listen to: The Unicorns, Animal Collective, Of Montreal, don't really know what else would go in here.
music_phantom13 is offline   Reply With Quote