Music Banter - View Single Post - VEGANGELICA's Collection
View Single Post
Old 06-12-2009, 09:49 AM   #22 (permalink)
Stone Birds
myspace.com/stonebirdies

Quote:
Originally Posted by VEGANGELICA View Post
Hi, Stone Birds,
After I finished "Windmill" I was reading back through more of your song lyrics and came to your "Hallowed Birds" song (at least that's the name I've given it). I thought it was interesting how your song (being metaphorical) could appear to be about a related topic (birds flying, dying, falling like a rock, returning in May...as a thrush does, returning in spring during migration), but obviously is metaphorical and represents something completely different.

I thought the ending of your song, "I have feathers on my spine, cause I don't follow the line," was especially meaningful and intriguing. In my song, "you" (the individual the song is about) actually *are* a bird and thus really do have feathers on the spine. Plus, while this may not be how you view the last lines of your song, I relate to being someone with "feathers on my spine" because I don't follow the line (by which I mean the typical way people view non-human animals), and so I do sometimes feel rather like a different animal (a bird of a different feather...since birds of a feather are supposed to "flock together," and I do not flock with the majority of humanity, given my vegan views).

Is your song the one you wrote that relates best to your "Stone Birds" name? I ask because it involves the metaphor of a bird trying to fly but falling like a rock. It sounds as if many of your songs deal with finding peace even with death around you. I am curious what your song means to you. I should probably be asking this over in *your* collection!
--Erica
nope, "Feathers On My Spine" was written first
also Hallowed (not hollowed) means holy

//\\//\\/\\/\/\/\\\\\\\\///\/\/\/\/\\////\/\\\\\///\V

[Link removed by mod, no advertising] ... Damn those mods are always gettin ya :)
Stone Birds is offline   Reply With Quote