Music Banter - View Single Post - Most infuriating music fans: Boobs edition
View Single Post
Old 06-12-2009, 12:11 PM   #143 (permalink)
Hesher
Palm Muted

Quote:
Originally Posted by music_phantom13 View Post
Also, you hit this head on Hesher. The MOST infuriating thing about metalheads, besides when they claim they have a "diverse music taste", is the fact that they constantly walk around saying "That ****s *** that's not metal." I have a really good friend I've known for years that is a metalhead, and I hung out with some of them occasionally in school. Things like "Dude menthols are definitely not menthol they're made for bitches. You're such a ***got", etc etc. It's like they think I care about what's metal, let alone understand the concept of something being "metal".
It's the same social disease that I would say most male North American youth have... A constant urge to reinforce their own masculinity in response to their deep-seated insecurity. It's arguable that a lot of metalheads in bands have become rock stars as an extension of this, (coughHatebreedcough) but I like to think that if most intelligent and creative metal songwriters met the majority of their fans they would probably feel a strong desire to hand out knuckle sandwiches like a pissed off lunchlady without a pension.
Hesher is offline   Reply With Quote