Music Banter - View Single Post - Gothic Americana/ Alt-Country/ Dark Cabaret
View Single Post
Old 06-12-2009, 06:32 PM   #80 (permalink)
LoathsomePete
Cardboard Box Realtor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElephantSack View Post
To a guy like me who has grown up on the East Coast in places where there are still physical scars from the Civil War on the landscape, this kind of music is some of the spookiest stuff I've ever heard. It really strikes something in my basic self.

I'm really looking forward to hearing some more O'Death. Sorry, I won't download anything on somebody else's computer. And I don't have my own. So Head Home is still the only one I've heard so far. I just really dig how they still have that spooky edge, but have songs that remind me of getting ****faced and rowdy on moonshine in the North Carolina mountains.
I can respect your decision for being cautious around downloading, many times I have gotten bugs and other crap on my computer, however that was always through downloading programs or using p2p servers. Everything I give out is stuff that I myself have uploaded and can assure you is harmless. However as I stated earlier, I can respect your decision.

As far as being on the East coast where you can actually see some of the settings and inspiration for some of these artists, I cannot contain my envy. I've never been out East (at least in North America) and it is somewhere I very much would like to go to. Not only for the historical places (although that is a huge part of my desire) but from what I have heard the lifestyle is very different. I have always lived on the West Coast and really have only been subjected to their lifestyle, and while I think it's a nice place to be, I would love a change of scenery for awhile.
LoathsomePete is offline   Reply With Quote