Music Banter - View Single Post - crate glx 212
Thread: crate glx 212
View Single Post
Old 05-16-2005, 02:15 AM   #2 (permalink)
SATCHMO
Al Dente

Quote:
Originally Posted by PerFeCTioNThrUSileNCe
i recently bought a new crate glx 212, 120 watt guitar amp. a steal too i only paid $380 which is about half the retail price. i love the thing. the only problem i have with it, is that i cant seem to get enough high end treble out of it. part of the reason for this i think is that i play a guitar with double humbuckers (which are built to give a warm smooth sound). but ive noticed that it does that with a lot of guitars that have three single coils too.

im thinking about having the speakers replaced with ones designed to give better tone.

anyone have any suggestions as to what i might be able to do about this that may be a little cheaper?
Weird. I'd change the speakers in a heartbeat just as an excuse to upgrade. It will almost definititely improve the overall tone of the amp and it certainly won't make the problem any worse. You could also purchase an EQ pedal (check out MXR's M-108 ten band EQ - @ $120 orBOSS's GE7 7 band EQ -@ $90) untill then make sure youv'e gone through every control configuration on both your amp and guitar (drop the bass EQ out on the amp and make sure you have the guitar's tone control turned all the way up - sorry if that sounds like the most obvious thing in the world).
SATCHMO is offline   Reply With Quote