Music Banter - View Single Post - 100 Albums I Couldn't Think of A Creative Thread Title For
View Single Post
Old 06-12-2009, 10:49 PM   #38 (permalink)
FaSho
____

80.Illuminate-Lydia

I'm sure I've talked about this band before on here, but they're just that great. This is one of the many great album I found on my brother's iTunes. Very ambient, very indie. Definatley dac music. It's extemely soothing stuff with out being all post-rock. The light co-ed vocals throughout the album add to the extemely calming effect of the album. Great for listening to at night, when trying to fall asleep, not to say it's boring by any means though.
Highlights:A fine Evening For a Rogue, Hospital, I Woke Up Near The Sea

79.Alright, Still-Lily Allen

I'm into my fair share of female vocalists, and thoug ha lot of it is indie stuff, some of my guiltier pleasures would consist of pop phenom's like Lily Allen. I don't see what's not to like about a popstar wiht a little bite. Though he rmusic at first seems straight up bubblegum, upon further listening one could find that Allen definatley has some fight to her. Sometimes it is even downright hilarious that her charming, girly melodies are riddeled with such devilishly innapropriate lyrics. A great find for anyone who just likes fun music.
Highlights:Smile, Everything's Just Wonderful, Knock Em' Out

78.American Water-Silver Jews

NO first listen, I found this album intolerabley boring. The guy's monotone voice is definatley not what I want to hear allthe time. But sometimes I just want to chil and listen to music that I can sing along to without looking stupid. An album me and my friends play a lout when we're just hanging out. Not really something to an physical activity with, but unlike my original assumption, by no means boring. Plus it has some of the best bass grooves I've heard.
Highlights:Random Rules, Blue Arrangements, Wild Kindness

77.Hot Fuss-The Killers

One of the first band's I ever liked tha twasn't green day-esque, The Killers wil lalways be one of my nostalgia bands. Almost every song no this album brings back memories. From jamming to "Mr. Brightside" when I thought about my former crush, Megan, to "All These Things I've Done" helping me through the sad times. I'm not sure what this album is classified as, probably alternative which I would agree with as the guitar hooks are very reminiscent of bands liek the acadmey is, but also fused with vocals and melodies that are heavily influenced by Interpol and such. One of the only albums, that's typically considered "juvenile rock" that I've seen othe rMBers listen to, and if you check this out you'll understand why.
Highlights:Mr. Brightside, Andy you're a star, All tHese things That I've Done

Last edited by FaSho; 06-15-2009 at 08:27 PM.
FaSho is offline   Reply With Quote