Music Banter - View Single Post - Last FM
Thread: Last FM
View Single Post
Old 06-14-2009, 01:04 AM   #3044 (permalink)
zeppy111
16, so?

1 Placebo 44

Received their discography during the week. Gave most of it a run-through, "Black market music" a few times.

2 Tom Waits 33

Another new artist. Downloaded "Bone Machine" after taking a read through of his thread on here and all the positives I have heard about him. Raw, diverse, BRILLIANT!
3 The Smiths 25

What can I say? I am a fan.

3 Hawkwind 25

Another new one, bought "Warrior on the edge of time" after Comus's 1001 albums thread. First introduction to this, Space music.

5 ZZ Top 19

"Tres Hombres." One of my dad's favourite bands and he never stops nagging me to check them out. A sound quite unique in my opinion, I love what Beard brings to the band.

6 El Perro del Mar 17

Received this the other day. Can't decide if I like it or if it bores me after two run-throughs. Gonna have to give it another bash soon.

7 Peter Tosh 16

Bulldog and Jackhammer's Reggae thread is the blame for this. Bought "Legalize it" on friday and took a real liking to it so I went and got the live album in Boston 1976. Let Jah Be Praised!

7 Devendra Banhart 16

Another one i had never heard of which I received during the week. Interesting stuff.

7 At the Drive-In 16

Can't keep away from "Relationship Command." This album causes me to be undecided whether I prefer ATDI or TMV.

10 The Cure 15

Another newbie. Didn't enjoy this. After about 5 songs it all just sounded the same to me.

11 Eisley 13

No verdict here. Needs another listen.

12 The All-American Rejects 12

Friend came over and wanted to listen to this. I wasn't expecting much, but it actually wasn't THAT horrific. Shall get another run-through, I like the energy to the album.

13 The Almost 11

Prefer it to Underoath. Enough said.

14 Änglagård 10

A beautiful album, "Hybris." Can't do justice to it with words, you just have to here it yourself.

14 Godspeed You! Black Emperor 10

One of my favourite bands and staples to the playlist. Gave "Lift your skinny..." 2 plays and then a couple other randoms.

I enjoyed my week of music. Quite a bit of new music, which I never complain about.

My Blog (album of the day): http://musicfromthesouth.blogspot.com
zeppy111 is offline   Reply With Quote