Music Banter - View Single Post - Last FM
Thread: Last FM
View Single Post
Old 06-14-2009, 03:23 PM   #3051 (permalink)
jackhammer
Ba and Be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonsubmissivewife View Post
I didn't have too many listens this week so I'm just going to review the ones that got 10 or more plays:

Gorillaz - 15
Picked up 'Demon Days' after Sweet's post in the Sweet Wolf thread. Obviously I'd heard of them before but had never had any real desire to check them out. And the vids that he and Jackhammer posted made it even more necessary to give a listen too. It was pretty good...I wasn't blown away or anything, but I would definitely give this some more listens.

Jill Scott - 15
I've always loved her first album "Who Is Jill Scott?". I was listening to my songs on random one night and heard one from this album and thought I needed to give it another listen for old times sake.

Freestylers - 13
Found out about this group from Jackhammer's "7 songs to have a night of sweaty passion" compilation. (It's a shame the "7 songs" thread died ). And now that he's be gracious enough to send me a few other albums from these guys, expect more listens!

Asa - 10
A beautiful woman, a beautiful voice, and beautiful lyrics to go with them.

Trinity Roots - 10
If you like Fat Freddy's Drop or maybe you're just looking for something new with a reggae flavor, you will want to check 'em out.

Snot - 10
The drummer in my husband's band suggested I check them out. It wasn't half bad...wasn't half good either. I might listen to them some more if the mood strikes me.
Some great choices there. So are you liking Trinity roots? It's a real grower and gets better every time I play it. I don't know if I could ever listen to band called Snot though!

“A cynic by experience, a romantic by inclination and now a hero by necessity.”
jackhammer is offline   Reply With Quote