Music Banter - View Single Post - How can I know what voice type I am?
View Single Post
Old 06-14-2009, 06:52 PM   #1 (permalink)
Vengeance
Groupie

Default How can I know what voice type I am?

I was wondering if someone of the music community could tell me what voice type I am? Since I'm not a professional musician, just a 17 years old boy singing and playing a guitar in a pop/rock band, I was hoping that someone of the more experienced could classify me.
Note: I live in a small city, and there aren't any voice teachers nearby, so all my singing exercises and warmups I take from the internet.

Well I've followed some instructions and played the 5 octave piano (where C3 is middle C) and got this:

The lowest note I can hit with a clean voice (without cracking) is: A1
And the highest note in my "head voice" (not falsetto) is: D4 (which is the D after Tenor C). I even took some vocal exercises and tried to hold this note as long as I can, which was 11 seconds before I ran out of air.
By using my falsetto voice, I can sing up to B4.

Most of the audience that heard me on my performances said that my voice sounds more full and more beautiful on the upper notes.

--------------------------------------------------------------

But I don't know, I mean, I tried to sing Highway to Hell from AC/DC and it was too away from my comfortable range. I mean, I know that the AC/DC singer has some kind of raspy natural voice, and most of the people told me that my voice is too clean and full, so I can't scream and have raspy singing like Steven Tyler or AC/DC. But I can surely sing operas...
Vengeance is offline   Reply With Quote