Music Banter - View Single Post - Selected Sounds from a Sweet Wolf and 3 Small Animals Partying in A Cave
View Single Post
Old 06-14-2009, 10:54 PM   #79 (permalink)
WWWP
county fair energy

The Offspring - Ixnay on the Hombre

One of my earliest childhood, music-related memories consists of me driving down an old dirt road with my dad in his big blue jeep on a summer day, listening to The Offspring's Bad Habit on full blast and singing along. The version he made up for me to sing was worthy of a Samuel L. Jackson TV edit. It was quite a sight to see... my six year old mouth yelling at the top of my lungs, "you stupid dumbspit gosh-ham mothertrucker." Yes, my love for The Offspring is like a truck (10 points if you get the reference).

As I got older and my appreciation for music deepened, I never stopped being a fan of this classic pop-punk group, and my dreams came true when I got to see them live last weekend. Now, the concert was less than satisfactory (I couldn't see a damn thing and there was a problem with the sound), and it made me reevaluate what it is that I love about The Offspring. I love the catchy vocals and buzzsaw guitar, I love how every album is filled with memorable songs and little to no filler, but most of all I love The Offspring's whole original sound. And the best place to find this sound is on their fourth album, Ixnay on the Hombre.

No matter how many times I listen to this album, after one song ends I'm always excited for the next. While the bands commercialized sound is obvious on the the album, the songs on Ixnay are more experimental (I use that term loosely) than their usual work, which is fun and interesting to listen to. If you haven't yet "gotten into" The Offspring, this album is where you should start, and if you're already a fan, then you'll probably agree that Ixnay is one of their best.

Link upon request.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jadis View Post
WWWP is pretty but should be cancelled (digital blackface)

#DEMODFROWNLAND
#TERMLIMITSFORMODERATORS
WWWP is offline   Reply With Quote