Music Banter - View Single Post - Pendulum
Thread: Pendulum
View Single Post
Old 06-15-2009, 01:42 AM   #20 (permalink)
Freebase Dali
Partying on the inside

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blood$hot View Post

You obviously dont know anything about DnB,you just have to look at all the sub genres of DnB,From atmospheric right through to neurofunk.So producers such as Noisia,spor,High contrast,subfocus,Dirtyphonics,Break,Calibre,Serum ,Dan miracle and the countless others ect...are all producing and re-releasing all same old formulas???.Maybe if the people who like to pass judgement on the DnB/jungle scene so quickley could take a couple of mins out of their busy schedule of Annie Spac/Pissy sell out/Pendulum listening and find out a little bit more,then they would realise that DnB is a global music which has been around for the last 16 yrs and is getting stronger and more experimental/versatile by the day.
Amen, brother. (pun intended, and only true D&B heads would get it. )

Also, I'm not impressed with the route Pendulum have taken. I used to like them when they first started releasing. Not so much now. They've brought Jump-up into the spot-light but they've done it in by making it compatible with mainstream pop rock. I don't respect that kind of move. Do good things for a name, but don't change it. That's what I say. Still, most of the D&B noobs out there will categorize Pendulum's crap as "all of D&B" because it's most of what they've heard and not even realize what else is out there. I don't have a problem with Jump-up, but for sure these people need to be learnin' about Neurofunk, Techstep, Ragga Jungle, Atmo, etc.. because these are all true-to-form evolutions of early Jungle/Drum&Bass. Integration was never a part of Jungle/D&B and it never should be. It was always about breaking the mold and being different as a genre.
I'm all for progress in the genre, but when we start having a hard time differentiating from D&B and new Linkin' Park songs without vocals, we gotta stop.

I just typed all that crap to agree with you and expand on a specific pet peeve I've been nursing.