Music Banter - View Single Post - Musicphantom's Top 100... Yes, Another One
View Single Post
Old 06-15-2009, 02:03 AM   #5 (permalink)
crazymenrunningback
Music Addict

gjksgfkdsjghklsdh I love these top 100 threads. Dont be too long between post :P

Quote:
99. The Other Side of the Looking Glass - Alias

Some marvelous underground hip hop nothing like anything else I've ever heard. This album is an introspective journey into the life of Brendon Whitney and what made him who he is today. He raps over some gloomy ambient soundscapes all about himself and his experiences, and the album also includes a few instrumentals. This is a very dark album; not your typical hip hop by any means. Definitely something to check out if you're interested in underground hip hop.

97. Opeth - Blackwater Park

This album is Opeth at it's absolute best. It combines their beautiful, dark, bittersweet non distorted, and sometimes even acoustic, songs with heavy, brutal metal. With songs that change from lonely, slow, sad dirges to massively distorted complicated guitar with the singers deep heavy growls, the album has a constant sense of foreboding and gloom leaving the listener absolutely unsure of what to expect. A very diverse album, and certainly not your typical death metal by any means. Reminiscent of their earlier work, but much better; clearly the whole band has improved immensely, taking the sound in a more dark jazzy direction.

Best Songs: Leper Affinity, Harvest, The Funeral Portrait
Holy crap I didnt know about either of these Bands, I love them!! Im deffinitly gona own those albums some day. Alias sounded like a better cLOUDDEAD that was more intresting. Opeth Sounded like some of the best black metal since i Heard At The Gates.

Ill Keep a eye one this thread