Music Banter - View Single Post - Pendulum
Thread: Pendulum
View Single Post
Old 06-15-2009, 02:15 AM   #21 (permalink)
Blood$hot
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veridical Fiction View Post
Amen, brother. (pun intended, and only true D&B heads would get it. )

Also, I'm not impressed with the route Pendulum have taken. I used to like them when they first started releasing. Not so much now. They've brought Jump-up into the spot-light but they've done it in by making it compatible with mainstream pop rock. I don't respect that kind of move. Do good things for a name, but don't change it. That's what I say. Still, most of the D&B noobs out there will categorize Pendulum's crap as "all of D&B" because it's most of what they've heard and not even realize what else is out there. I don't have a problem with Jump-up, but for sure these people need to be learnin' about Neurofunk, Techstep, Ragga Jungle, Atmo, etc.. because these are all true-to-form evolutions of early Jungle/Drum&Bass. Integration was never a part of Jungle/D&B and it never should be. It was always about breaking the mold and being different as a genre.
I'm all for progress in the genre, but when we start having a hard time differentiating from D&B and new Linkin' Park songs without vocals, we gotta stop.

I just typed all that crap to agree with you and expand on a specific pet peeve I've been nursing.
Read and learn noobs,Excactly what he said x1000

Ya know tha status,playaz hate us,coppers chase us!
Blood$hot is offline   Reply With Quote