Music Banter - View Single Post - Why I hate Metallica
View Single Post
Old 06-15-2009, 07:51 AM   #304 (permalink)
TheBig3
killedmyraindog

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCunningStunt View Post
Maybe after The Black Album their relevence in music has gone but they're at the point where they don't need to be in a band, they could quite happily put down the guitars and drums and not make another record, so why don't they? because they enjoy what they do. St. Anger was undoubtidly, for me anyway, one of the worst albums of the decade but they tried something, as you said, the "garage" sound and it didn't pay off, but at least they tried something and I believe that the latest record is excellent and it's a return to form from them.
yeah this is the logical response. I think its greedy, short-sighted, and foolish to demand of 40-year olds, the sounds they made when they were 20, with different members.

Albums are static. You can go listen to them again and again. If you self-identify with a band and you don't like the direction their going in, thats your issue. I tend to go with artists who's artisitc outlook is similar to what I'd do if I could paint/play guitar/act. Even if they bomb, I still find it entertaining at least.

Metallica like what their doing, and if they make another "Kill 'em all" I know I'll be bored. The assertion of a receeding amount of respect is curious, why would you lose respect for them? I'm guessing maybe you meant another word because what no one should respect is them doing whatever their childish fans scream at them to do.

I don't particularly agreee with the high art/coke days where Hammett and Ulrich wanted to reinvent the band like U2 did, but theres a reason I'm not in Metallica