Music Banter - View Single Post - Hello from VEGANGELICA
View Single Post
Old 06-15-2009, 02:36 PM   #27 (permalink)
VEGANGELICA
Facilitator

Default Cattle Decapitation

Hey, The Abominable Homan,
Thanks for the hello! Yes, we are almost equally new to MB! Also, thank you for telling me about the vegetarian death metal group Cattle Decapitation, which I didn't know about. I just looked them up and, why, yes, they *do* have a similar message to ours. I think you are right...their lyrics are a wee bit more graphic and direct than mine. For example, they have an album or song called "Humans are Horrible," which I thought was amusing because it was so straightforward (and would be something I might say in my misanthropic moments but leave out of the music). Cattle Decapitation are marketing themselves to the death metal scene and apparently doing so very successfully. Their music is an interesting contrast: the brutal sound of death metal vs. the mostly loving message underlying it. It's fun for me to learn more about what other veggie people are doing out there! Their music rather warms my heart in a scary way. Thanks again for mentioning them, and I hope to "see" you around MB. Say, how did you learn about Cattle Decapitation? --Erica
VEGANGELICA is offline   Reply With Quote