Music Banter - View Single Post - Tom Waits
Thread: Tom Waits
View Single Post
Old 06-15-2009, 03:20 PM   #295 (permalink)
ElephantSack
Man vs. Wild Turkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBig3KilledMyRainDog View Post
That should be normal, what do you like so far? Theres a few mosters on that album that I think are worth it.

Invitation to the Blues

The One that Got Away

Pasties and a G-string.

Then you've got your weird ones and your slow-growers...

I wish I was in New Orleans and Jitterbug Boy are amazing if you get into them.

Step Right Up and The Piano has been drinking are oddities that are good to play during a house party when its raining. Their odd, conversational, background workings that tend to give everyone the right feeling about the place. Like they'd jsut stumbled into wonderland.

"I don't know whats going on here, or who these people are, but with this music on, it seems like anything goes. grab a drink and start talking to the artsy girl by the bookshelf"
Yeah, I just have this nagging "proper-ness" I guess about listening to whole album whenever I put it in. And it's taking some effort to stay attentive through the unfathomably depressing sounding tunes on there. "..Traubert's Blues" is the kind of song I have to read the lyrics while it plays or I just tune out. Then "Step Right Up" gets my attention a little more. And then it slows down again. I think I just need some more time with it.