Music Banter - View Single Post - VEGANGELICA's Collection
View Single Post
Old 06-15-2009, 03:38 PM   #25 (permalink)
VEGANGELICA
Facilitator

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxawwxsugarxx View Post
"Inhale the sunset sky" is a wonderful line.

You know how I feel about rhyming. x.X

I tried, though, I really did. I tried to read it without being distracted. T.T I like what it stands for.
Hi, Xxawwxsugarxx,
Please tell me more about rhyming and the downside of it, as you see it? Is it distracting because your mind focuses in on the rhymes and they take precedence over the meaning...which I understand can happen, especially when someone is foolish enough as to rhyme "care" with "bear"? As you surely know by now, I'm rather fond of rhyming. It gives a song some rhythm and a soothing sense of timing.

Thanks for trying to read "Free" through without being distracted, though. I appreciate the effort.

Say, I rather liked "inhale the sunset sky," too! I was on a quest to inject drug-related words into the song (couldn't get "inject" in there; and used "breathe out" instead of exhale). Did you notice? Nicotine (obviously), "glass" (slang term for meth; and alcohol use, of course), "wings" (drug slang for heroine), "line" (of cocaine), "drag" (as on a marijuana joint), "bear" (as in "great bear," or fentanyl), "shoot the breeze" (nitrous oxide)...except I mean it in its original meaning...which is to talk, and finally "use" (your voice instead of drugs). I was feeling rather clever to have crammed all that into a tiny song, and one that rhymes, too!
-- Erica
P.S. I also adore alliteration!
VEGANGELICA is offline   Reply With Quote