Music Banter - View Single Post - Oh Hey There
Thread: Oh Hey There
View Single Post
Old 06-15-2009, 08:53 PM   #9 (permalink)
The Abominable Homan
Music Addict

Well technically I believe Cattle Decapitation is considered goregrind (I haven't actually listened yet so I can't say with certainty), but it doesn't really matter that much. A lot of the sub genres get a little too crazy.

Also for those of us too serious about our genres, Slipknot is probably nu-metal, but whatever. I personally can't stand them =P.

Do you like any metal in the first place? I could recommend some death metal, but if you don't listen to metal it's probably going to be too abrasive to immediately jump into.

And thank you very much dreadnaught. For whatever reason I'm not completely satisfied with the review as a piece of writing, but I think I at least conveyed the message I wanted and may hopefully help some people find new great music.

Just as a side note, I'd like to say that thus far I'm enjoying the site. My only small complaint is that the large amount of genre boards are a bit intimidating for a newcomer (especially since the site is fairly fast and active at times), but hopefully this will be less of a problem as my time spent here increases.
The Abominable Homan is offline   Reply With Quote