Music Banter - View Single Post - Pro-Life vs. Pro-Choice
View Single Post
Old 06-16-2009, 12:13 AM   #144 (permalink)
Son of JayJamJah
Occams Razor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesher View Post
So Jay, are you saying that Neapolitan's argument has nothing to do with science or the laws of reality? That's all we're trying to establish here. As I said, there is no point in arguing with a position that is not based in logic.

Pro-life believes that the million dollars is essentially in the shoebox all the way up until you open it.

Pro-choice knows, for a fact, that the million dollars is slowly growing inside the shoebox.

Those are the positions here. One is an opinion and one is a fact. Once people accept that their opinion is not a fact, there will be nothing to argue.
I'm not as confident in "science" as you. When I was a child popular science more often suggested the fetus was a living organism. And I'm not so sure the medical\scientific community is as confident as you assert, but I do overall plead ignorance.

I think you're still missing the point. If you don't abort the fetus it will eventually (in the majority of cases) become a human being, that's also a fact. And that is how those who do not think like you draw their conclusions, it's very logic and it's very much based in the laws of reality, if anything your argument is more semantically then anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardboard adolescent View Post
i prefer foreplay. the orgasm is overrated.
If you're posting in the music forums make sure to be thoughtful and expressive, if you're posting in the lounge ask yourself "is this something that adds to the conversation?" It's important to remember that a lot of people use each thread. You're probably not as funny or clever as you think, I know I'm not.

My Van Morrison Discography Thread
Son of JayJamJah is offline   Reply With Quote