Music Banter - View Single Post - Earth
Thread: Earth
View Single Post
Old 06-16-2009, 07:39 AM   #7 (permalink)
Janszoon
Mate, Spawn & Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElephantSack View Post
The only album I've heard or found thus far is The Bees Made Honey in the Lion's Skull. And I really dig it. It's good music for when I'm working nights. I find that it's really good when followed up with Grails' Doomsdayer's Holiday.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pobodys_Nerfect View Post
I have also only heard "The Bees Made Honey In The Lion's Skull" and I really liked it. Not exactly the type of music I'd listen to on an everyday basis, but it's great for if I'm writing. I really should check out more stuff by this band.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 333 View Post
Nice thread. Surprise, surprise - I, too, have only heard The Bees Made Honey in the Lion's Skull. I can't wait for the reviews.
If you guys like The Bees Made Honey In The Lion's Skull I definitely recommend checking out Hex, an amazing album with a similar sound that they did a few years earlier. In fact everything I've heard by them is pretty stellar and they have changed their sound a lot of the years which makes their discography an intriguing listen overall. Like Hesher mentioned Earth 2 is way different from their newer stuff, just long stripped down slabs of guitar noise, and their album Pentastar: In the Style of Demons is more like stoner metal, with shorter songs and, shockingly enough, even vocals.
Janszoon is offline   Reply With Quote