Music Banter - View Single Post - Official Porcupine Tree Thread
View Single Post
Old 06-17-2009, 10:13 AM   #75 (permalink)
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElephantSack View Post
I first heard of Porcupine Tree after I'd discovered that Steven Wilson had produced 3 Opeth albums: Blackwater Park, Damnation, and Deliverance. I picked up Deadwing in 2005 after I went down to the city that my brother had been flown to after he knocked himself into a 4 day coma by falling out of a tree.
So naturally, emotions were running pretty high the first time I listened to it, driving back home with my older sister. It wasn't quite what I was expecting, and it took a second listen for it to start growing on me. But once I had some time to bond with it, I became a big fan.
I remember this day. Quite the emotional fuckfest; however, it's almost as if they entered your life at the right time, no? As emotional as Porcupine Tree can be, they could have easily nurtured your soul back to Earth. Deadwing will always bring me back to the tour Summer '06 when we were riding down that dark, dark highway in NC (was it?). Your brothers were snoozing in the back and you and I were singing along to each song (except Lazarus). That night, I silently promised myself that I would remember that moment forever. Then Pat woke up and screamed at us for being too loud. Emotional enough for you guys?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElephantSack View Post
The next album I heard was their live one, Warszawa. An excellent live album. .
You're welcome for that, and yes these guys are brilliant live. With all the producing that Steven Wilson has done, I doubt he'd let one of his most popular projects sound like shit live. Anyone else hear this one?
333 is offline   Reply With Quote