Music Banter - View Single Post - You like music? Hey me too!
View Single Post
Old 06-17-2009, 12:20 PM   #8 (permalink)
Schizotypic
Souls of Sound Sailors

Good reviews. I can only talk for myself, but I'm sure lots of people give albums like this judgement without even listening to it. For instance, my girlfriend thinks The Killers new Day And Age album has a message in it about how Brandon Flowers is feeling pushed into making a certain type of music and points our it has references to pop-culture as well. I can't say I agree/disagree because I haven't even given it a chance. I've never listened to a Fall Out Boy album because I always viewed them as sort of bull****... but that's just me being arrogant and judgemental. Maybe a lot of mainstream bubblegum pop music is coming out, but we can't have intense musical movements every generation. I think, like all music, it just shows where a section of society is today and that's perfectly fine- not everything has to be great to be legit. A lot of punk music nearly as complicated as the music before it, so why does what's on TV today have to be? I'm sure there is a good deal of actual talent in all of these bands and am glad to see somebody is reviewing them, I'll be paying attention to this.
Schizotypic is offline   Reply With Quote