Music Banter - View Single Post - Gift From Me To You Series
View Single Post
Old 06-17-2009, 12:36 PM   #22 (permalink)
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pobodys_Nerfect View Post

Artist: Rehab
Album: Graffiti The World
Year: 2005

About this time last year (it was actually July) I received this album in my inbox on another music forum with absolutely no previous experience with this group. When I read that they were a rap/rock band I immediately put on my skepticism pants and prepared myself for yet another group vainly trying to produce the same sound and style as Korn or Limp Bizkit. However it turns out I prepared myself for nothing because this is by far one the best album of that genre. Now I know what you're saying "it's not really hard to improve on shit" but not only do these guys prove that rap/rock can be a good genre, but they blow some other live band hip hop groups out of the water. Many of their songs deal with, you guessed it, rehabilitation from drug and alcohol abuse, in which the three founding members Steaknife, Danny Alexander, and Brooks Buford met at a rehab center and combined their love of hip hop and rock music. Since then they have released two studio albums "Southern Discomfort" in 2000 and "Graffiti The World" in 2005, later re-releasing it in 2008 with two new songs and an updated version of their hit song "Sittin' At A Bar". The version I'm giving you is their original 2005 one, because I felt the songs that they replaced were incredibly good, and did not deserve to be bumped off the album, also the updated version of "Sittin' At A Bar" while good, isn't as good as the original found on their 2000 release "Southern Discomfort". So sit back and enjoy the sounds of Rehab one of my favorite Southern groups.

First album you sent me that I didn't like. I've never really liked them, but gave them another shot, anyway. They cease to impress me. I think a lot of it has to do with his voice. I think he sounds so obnoxious.
333 is offline   Reply With Quote