Music Banter - View Single Post - Flower Child's
Thread: Flower Child's
View Single Post
Old 06-17-2009, 01:23 PM   #43 (permalink)
Urban Hat€monger ?
The Sexual Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flower Child View Post
SONG: Rock On
ARTIST: David Essex
ALBUM: Rock On
David Essex is a bit of a guilty pleasure for me.

Not his music , but his acting.

Two of his movies , That'll Be the Day & Stardust are probably my favourite music related films. Essex plays a rock n roll wannabe called Jim Mclean. Loads of musicians were involved in those movies too like Keith Moon , Dave Edmonds , Ringo Starr & Adam Faith all have major roles in them.
Stardust is my favourite of the two.

That'll Be the Day is about Jim Mclean leaving school & having loads of dead end jobs while he dreams of joining a rock band. He goes to work at a fairground & meets up with Ringo Starr's character and then basically goes around shagging anything in a skirt. at the end of the film he gets married & goes to work at his family buisness.

In Stardust he packs in his job & leaves his wife as the band he's involved with start to get popular, He ditches the singer & takes over the band and then they become huge. Then the drugs & the sex & the pressure from the record company to deliver more hits gets too much, He fires the band, changes his musical direction, makes a rock opera about his dead mother , buys a huge castle in Spain and then becomes a drug addled recluse in there.Finally he agrees to a TV interview in which it's obvious he can barely construct a sentence and then he suddenly dies of a heart attack.

You really ought to see them

Urb's RYM Stuff

Most people sell their soul to the devil, but the devil sells his soul to Nick Cave.
Urban Hat€monger ? is offline   Reply With Quote