Music Banter - View Single Post - Why I hate Metallica
View Single Post
Old 06-19-2009, 01:10 AM   #351 (permalink)
The Abominable Homan
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesher View Post
I don't know where the hell you got the idea that I decide I don't like bands without listening to them. Of course, there are some exceptions, but I shouldn't have to subject my ears to tripe.
Well it's what you said about me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesher View Post
It's not about whether you like them or not, it's fine if you don't - but I won't put up with people saying that any of Metallica's excellent pre-Load albums are in any way "clones" of MoP. That just betrays a lack of understanding in my opinion, which I guess in your case I mistook for a lack of listening.

I still say they're far too similar for me, but ehh. I think St. Anger could have become a decent album if they would've taken most of the music they had written for the album and then... y'know, actually did some producing and polishing on it. I suppose thrown in a few solos for the fans, but that part makes no real difference to me.

Either way, I think we can agree that what too many fans have come to expect from Metallica is clones of the old albums, leading to the creation of Death Magnetic. I was disappointed that they completely caved in. Sure, I wouldn't want second St. Anger, but even you seem to agree that that one's a clone (and not even a good one ).

And...I say at this point we can probably do nothing more than go in circles with "They're clones!" "No they're not!" and maybe hurl some insults in for good measure. So unless I see some reason to post later on a different subject, I think now will be a good time for me to leave this thread and agree to disagree.

Good day to you sir.