Music Banter - View Single Post - Some Animals Are More Equal Than Others but Some Girls Are Bigger Than Others...
View Single Post
Old 06-19-2009, 07:35 AM   #12 (permalink)
TheBig3
killedmyraindog

As for this wealth distribution thing, it appears imbalanced from the PoV of the instance of taxing, not the long run. Its easier explained when its not money but I'll do my best.

If I have 500,000 of taxable income and you have 50,000 and for the hell of it, lets say we're all paying 10%, I end up paying 50,000 where are you pay 5,000.

At that point, yes, I "got screwed", my work apparently wasn't rewarded and the government was sapping my lively hood. I paid 10 times the amount you did.

But thats where it ends, because I'm left with 450,000 and you've got 45,000. I've still got 10 times the amount of money you do. And when I go to the grocery store, butters still $3.19, Bread costs the same, gas didn't go up and our electric bills fluctuate the same depending on usage.

I've still got plenty more options with my income level, so i'm not sure how the wealthy are punished. I don't generally watch Countdown with Keith Olberman but he had a figure that under one of the Roosevelt presidencies, the top tax bracket paid 50%.

Built on a scaling platform, taxes still favor those who work harder, the idea of wealth distribution is a little bizzare to me, but Republicans tend to win the image game more often. I don't know how though, they give out free calculators at the bank.