Music Banter - View Single Post - Worst album you ever bought/dl'ed
View Single Post
Old 06-19-2009, 10:13 AM   #114 (permalink)
sidewinder
Engorged Member

Geez you guys put too much damn faith in what Pitchfork says. I really enjoy both the Neutral Milk Hotel and Trail of Dead albums, but discovered them without the hype and neither is really worth 10. Maybe 8 though, IMO. But that doesn't mean it sucks just because Pitchfork gave it a 10 and you don't agree (of course it's possible you do actually hate it...but don't deny hype has something to do with your opinion). I'd rather read non-professional reviews and opinions (lots of them) to decide if I'm interested in an album. Don't believe the hype...you set yourself up for disappointment. You might appreciate it more if you don't see praise for it. Anyway, I agree Madonna is a much better album by Trail of Dead, but I still like ST&C quite a bit.

I actually like 311's Transistor too...though it took me a while to even consider getting it after they got all popular with the jocks...something I don't even care about now but did as a dumb kid.