Music Banter - View Single Post - Musicphantom's Top 100... Yes, Another One
View Single Post
Old 06-19-2009, 10:53 AM   #34 (permalink)
music_phantom13
Music Addict

Yeah that's true Rickenbacker. More like, they played a huge part in continuing to bring the music to popularity, even more so with grunge than alt rock in general.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreadnaught View Post
Good choices. I think Chutes Too Narrow is generally underrated by Shins fans, it's good to see it rates highly with someone else.

Who Could Win A Rabbit is probably my favorite AC song, it really stands out from the rest of the album.
Great post! I'm always disappointed when people say Chutes Too Narrow can't approach their others... it's just a rather different sound. Who Could Win a Rabbit is marvellous, I read a review somewhere of Animal Collective that I think described them really well. The author said they sound like they have musical tourette's, where everything and anything just seems to flow out of them, and they learned to harness that a little bit to create their songs. I really liked that; it's a perfect description of a song like this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiseido red View Post
Yeah he's done a lot of ****ty nu-metal stuff but the Korn and Slipknot albums he have produced are pretty okay (I'm not a huge fan of either band but respect what he's done with those albums). Pretty sure he also did one of the Cure's albums too, not sure which one though.

Anyway, keep the reviews coming!
Well that's cool, I definitely didn't know that and I love the Cure. They'll be coming! No worries.
music_phantom13 is offline   Reply With Quote