Music Banter - View Single Post - Some Animals Are More Equal Than Others but Some Girls Are Bigger Than Others...
View Single Post
Old 06-19-2009, 04:14 PM   #15 (permalink)
sleepy jack
isfckingdead

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayJamJah View Post
I do think you are under estimating the generosity of people. Most people I know who can afford to do so donate heavily and would even more so if they had more disposable income.

To your question about the Ghetto's and run down neighborhoods. Again I'd trust people more then the government to fix this problem. In Detroit there is a growing charter school program. They are like private schools in a sense but have a lot more flexibility with who they can admit including limited or no tuition for lower income families. The best of these schools are graduating over 85% while the public schools are the nations worst at less then 40%.

To help those without reliable transportation a local businessman has started a free busing program for students and even offered jobs to the unemployed parents of the schools children.

I thing that may be the crux of our disagreement.
Yeah we can talk this to bits later on IM. I want to state for everyone else though I don't think people are necessarily selfish by nature I just don't think everyone is universally generous. There are great people who do great things with the money they have but there also people who hoard it away. Look at all those soulless cash whores on Wall Street.
sleepy jack is offline   Reply With Quote