Music Banter - View Single Post - Heaven and Hell
Thread: Heaven and Hell
View Single Post
Old 06-19-2009, 09:56 PM   #29 (permalink)
Neapolitan
carpe musicam

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCunningStunt View Post
I'm athiest.

I use it as a figure of speech more than anything, like many athiests..

Priests also take a vow of celibacy.

Surely if a priest honestly lived their life with no love or sexytime or sin/guilt, to serve God, said priest would expect to be rewarded with eternal peace in heaven.

I think God is just a nice story, bible is a book of fairytales, God is something that makes children feel like if they do bad, God will punish them. He's an unpaid babysitter. Of course, I'm not a synic, I'm a bit ignorant to certain things in cristianity, but if I'm proved wrong one day, I'd love it. It'd be a great thing, the idea that someone is greater than us all, someone, or something actually made us all..
Why did you say "Priests also take a vow of celibacy."
Isn't the "vow of celibacy" the same as the "vow of absenence?"

You are the first atheist I met that was not a cynic, you mention God a lot and seem pretty excited to meet him in the afterlife.

Hypothecticallyt I don't think a good priest will feel "Punk'd" if Ashton Kushner shown up in his funeral raised him from the dead and then told him "There's no afterlife" then both of them vanished...

Put it this way if you were in the desert and had no food or drink and then suddenly you met a stranger, and he gave you some food and water, wouldn't you want him to do that because you were a person not because he was thinking of himself getting a reward or payment in the future. You would feel better on the inside if the stranger was acting frinedly and not going to take advatnge of you.

I like baseball, I don't like the player that makes the most money, I like the player who plays heart out like it was the most important game of his life. You're from Manchester right?? so just substitute football for baseball - I guess.

See you know about knid deed and doing your best, so in a way that is like a little heaven on Earth. So the proof of heaven in the afterlife is little heaven, the good, we experience now.
Neapolitan is offline   Reply With Quote