Music Banter - View Single Post - Fox News: Fair and Balanced
View Single Post
Old 06-20-2009, 10:01 AM   #137 (permalink)
TheBig3
killedmyraindog

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepy jack View Post
Come on now that's unfair. Chris Matthews basically admitted that Obama makes him wet and MSNBC compared Obama to John F. Kennedy, MLK and Gandhi in one advertisement. Their goals aren't different either (CNN included) they're just pandering to an audience to make money.
Well yeah, but he's not been one-sided on Obama either though. He clearly meant he made a great speech, and Matthews admittedly lives for the game of politics.

I've read two of his books now, and I can tell you he's not a policy wonk in show (he was a AA/LA for about 10 years collectivly so I'm sure he is) and he self identifies as a non-foreign policy expert.

But as for good journalism, he's tough to beat. He's praised Reagan for his masterful and stealthy use of the telepromoter, then chastized Obama for not being able to make a speech without one. Also, his reponse to Tom Delay's "donor state" hogwash was exactly what journalism should be.

He regularly has Pat Buchanon on, and regularly goes to the mat against Joan Walsh, its hard to paint him with the same brush as Olberman and Schultz who are damn near insufferable with "Worst Person in the World" and "Psycho Talk."

I have a soft spot for Maddow, though I have no illusions about her positioning. She does however give an amazing interview and has a less sensational, more editorial show than her counterparts. She's more of an Edward R. Murrow than Olberman, who's stole his sendoff, will ever be.