Music Banter - View Single Post - Urban's Journal Of Half Assed Ideas
View Single Post
Old 06-20-2009, 01:35 PM   #12 (permalink)
Urban Hat€monger ?
The Sexual Intellectual

No Age - Nouns

I have to say listening to this has been a really hollow experience.

Basically everybody has heard this album already. If you heard it in 2000/2001 it was probably dripping in Beatles & Beach Boys like harmonies & melodies. If you heard it in 2003 it was probably a dance punk album. If you heard it in 2005 it was probably a folk album. If you heard it in 2007 is was probably a Nu-Rave album. In short this isn't a music album, It's a soundtrack to a trend and the music on it is secondary.

Now there's nothing wrong with that. I'm all for making statements over musical content, but where are they on here?
This album has nothing to say, I get the impression that this album was made by a bunch of spoilt middle class kids that somehow lucked themselves a record deal and now they're desperately clinging on to the latest bandwagon in an attempt to divert attention from their total lack of originality & talent.

That's not to say the album is bad, I mean how can it be bad. They've not even attempted to do anything original to get wrong. This album is about every safe cliché done safely, which in the end means a pleasant nice safe album which bores you to death once you've heard it 3 or 4 times. But then I get the impression that was what they were aiming for anyway. We all know that No Age are one of those bands who are just around to make a bit of noise before their well-off parents finally lose their patience with them attempting to be 'artists' and find them some corporate job in middle management.

Don't think for one second you'll be remembering this album in years to come.

Urb's RYM Stuff

Most people sell their soul to the devil, but the devil sells his soul to Nick Cave.
Urban Hat€monger ? is offline   Reply With Quote